We’re proud to be celebrating our 15th year of serving the independent music sector through advocacy, education, and fostering community.Thank you for being a part of Indie Week 2020, our inaugural virtual conference. To start viewing panels and participating in live Q&As, hit the appropriate “DAY” button. For the full daily schedule, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Don’t forget to RSVP for the Libera Awards on a2imliberaawards.eventbrite.com, happening this Thursday at 6:30PM!
AgendaMonday, June 15
- 11:55 - 12:00 PM ET Opening Remarks
- 12:00 - 1:00 PM ET Spotify Artist & Label Workshop
- Spotify will present a look at how it’s evolving – from new formats and playlists to tools artists and their teams can use to understand and engage their fans. Whether you’re an artist, manager, songwriter or label, come learn about strategies for growing your fanbase. Spotify shares tips for using its artist and label tools, including Spotify for Artists.
Speakers:Jeff Stempeck (Spotify), Jennifer Masset (Spotify)
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET Amazon Music: Twitch, Amazon Music for Artists, and Amazon Music HD
- An overview of the current state of business at Amazon Music including updates specific to Twitch opportunities, our recently launched Amazon Music for Artists app, and our hi-res audio service, Amazon Music HD.
Speakers:Danielle Giles (Amazon), David Stuart (Amazon)
- 1:00 - 1:20 PM ET Conversation COVID: How to Best Succeed in a Remote Environment
- An in-depth, beyond the basics look at the issue of working remotlely. What programs best connect teams, and how do you ensure best practices in remote communication, and more.
Speakers:James Celentano (EnterGain), Mikal Celentano (EnterGain)
- 1:20 - 1:50 PM ET Featured Speakers: Dr. Mathew Knowles in Conversation with Ghazi Shami
- Scale Your Company: How do companies manage time, resources, and keep pace? How can companies expand their infrastructure, thrive, and prosper while not creating an environment of burn-out?
Speakers:Ghazi Shami, Mathew Knowles (Music World Entertainment Corporation)
- 2:00 - 2:20 PM ET Anne del Castillo, Commissioner MOME
- Commissioner Anne del Castillo of The Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment discusses New York City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to Small and Medium sized businesses in particular the music business.
Speakers:Anne del Castillo (The Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment )
- 2:20 - 4:15 PM ET International Marketplace
- A brief overview of the market, particularly how it relates to the indies. This will be part of a series covering some of the world’s largest music markets.
Speakers:Carlos Mills (ABMI), Joerg Heidemann (VUT), Kodi McKinney (Marauder), Michele Amar (France Rocks), Paul Pacifico (AIM), Takashi Kamide (ILCJ), Trisha Carter (CIMA)
2:20-2:30 - Brazil
2:40-2:50 - Canada
3:00-3:10 - France
3:20-3:30 - Germany
3:40-3:50 - Japan
4:00-4:10 - UK
4:20-4:40 - USA
- 2:30 - 3:30 PM ET SoundExchange: What are the Secrets to Neighboring Rights?
- Neighboring Rights are an important source of income for labels and artist yet for many they remain shrouded in mystery. Pull back the veil on Neighboring rights and learn how to collect your income.
Speakers:Ali Lieberman (SoundExchange), Brad Prendergast (SoundExchange), Ryan Lehning (SoundExchange)
- 2:40 - 3:10 PM ET Conversation COVID: Marketing Artists in the New Era
- When to Release? What Worked? What Didn’t? How Do You Support An Artist When Performing Live Isn’t an Option?
Speakers:Bina Fronda (Ultra Records), Francesca Harvey (Partisan Records), Jackie Otto (Dangerbird), Liz Erman (Nettwerk)
- 3:20 - 3:50 PM ET Conversation COVID: How to Prepare For What Comes Next
- Chariman of GoDigital Group, and A2IM Board Member, Jason Peterson discusses market intelligence in the COVID-19 era and what you should be doing to future proof your business.Topics covered include what advertising categories are going up, going down, finances, continuity plans, IT, and succession plans.
Speakers:Jason Peterson (GoDigital Media Group)
- 3:30 - 4:30 PM ET The Bandcamp Workshop
- A look at where Bandcamp is now, plus a dive into new and upcoming artist and label features, and a guide to get your music featured in the Bandcamp Daily.
Speakers:Andrew Jervis (Bandcamp), J Edward Keyes (Bandcamp)
- 4:00 - 4:20 PM ET Conversation COVID: Tax Issues Examined
- CPA, Joe Romano, President of Romano & Associates sits down with A2IM’s Senior Director of Culture & Oversight, Sheryl Cohen to discuss tax issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include The CARES Act, the HEROS Act, and how they pertain to businesses and individuals.
Speakers:Joe Romano (Romano & Associates), Sheryl Cohen (A2IM)
- 4:30 - 5:00 PM ET Update from the Federal Government
- Senior Policy Analyst and Global Team Leader, Media & Entertainment Industries, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce Andrea daSilva sits down with A2IM’s Senior Director, Member Services and International Relations, Lisa Hresko to discuss the federal government’s resources for the music and entertainment industry.
Speakers:Andrea DaSilva (International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce), Lisa Hresko (A2IM)
- 4:50 - 5:20 PM ET How is Independent Retail Adapting to the New Reality?
- Independent record stores shape our culture. How are they adapting to our new reality. Success stories; solid take-a-ways
Speakers:Anna Lundy (Grimey’s), Dave Martin (Omnian Music Group), Gerald Hammill (AudioSalad), Nabil Ayers, (4AD)
- 5:30 - 6:00 PM ET Happy Half Hour!
- LIVE Happy "Half" Hour Moderated by Team A2IM Staff